Exactly what it says. Urine, when you are are properly hydrated, is clear and abundant. If your urine isn’t clear, you are not drinking enough. On the black rock desert, drink water all the time whether you think you need it or not. One gallon of water per person per day is the rule of thumb.
What happens when you don’t get enough water?
You can get headaches, stomach cramps, abdominal pains, constipation, or flu-like symptoms. It exacerbates heat exhaustion and hypothermia, and makes it difficult for the body to mend itself.
Drinking alcohol, partaking in certain drugs, dancing all night and other forms of vigorous exercise can help dehydrate you, so drink extra water while doing them.
some facebook comments to share…
- Or drink enough Rock Star on an 18hr marathon drive through Washington, and Oregon, and Piss Neo-Green by Klamath Falls.
- I once drank so much fireball I pissed cinnamon. Usually I only piss coffee.
- My head hurts just thinking about that…
- evidently cinnamon burns
- Just to be “clear” LOL!
- The term poss clear doesn’t refer to a clear colour, but actually a cloudy condition. A person can piss yellow, and still be OK in the piss clear directive. I know it’s kind I hard to examine your urine on the playa, but if your using a pee funnel, it’s extremely easy.
A person that isn’t pissing clear will have a cloudy appearance to there urine. If you ever get a chance to chat with Erik from piss clear magazine, he’s got lots of info on this regard.
- Water in a plastic bladder tastes nasty…add some powdered gatorade keep those electrolytes in check.
- plastic bladders only taste bad if a) they are not properly cleaned before the event starts or b) the water has been sitting there so long it has gone totally stale or c) the plastic is beginning to deteriorate.
- or d) a fussy biotch and don’t like the taste of water out of plastic.
- you are correct, as long as it’s not too dark. Dark is bad, even if it is clear. And sitting in the Med tent with a rehydration IV in your arm is a lousy way to spend burning man. So newbies, aim for clear and colourless!