Burn in the Forest – Official Regional Event
Friday, July 13, 2012 until Sunday, July 15, 2012
BitF is the Greater Vancouver Interactive Arts Society’s (GVIAS) annual summer event that takes place in the beautiful surroundings of the Squamish Valley. This is a regional Burning Man event for BC. Our community is built on the participation of its members – from the simple exchange of food, stories, or a lending hand, to the elaborate construction of an interactive art project.
- We support the diversity and experimentation of experience and ideas.
- We will create a Temporary Autonomous Zone where people may safely engage in new experiences without judgement.
- We will strengthen existing friendships and build new ones, rewarding each other in special ways.
- We are self-sufficient and leave no trace except in our memories.
The event takes place in the Squamish Valley, a location where the forest meets the river and is surrounded by glacier peaked mountains. This year, as in the past, we will build a temporary community over an extended weekend. Together we create a village and gift each other in many ways that express our creativity and play. Please read Participation about how you can help create this experience.
BitF 2011 Pic Links
For those of you on Flickr, join the bitf group & add there!http://www.flickr.com/groups/bitf/ and be sure to add the tag “bitf2011″See all the pics with that tag here: http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=bitf2011&m=tags
- Luke & Vertumnus, of 4SightFoto – 3 amazing albums!
- Lynn P
- Howard OnaBeach
Capturing the climactic fire show and effigy burning ritual of Burn in the Forest 2011 by the river in Squamish.
- Shadow Lulu
- Dustin Quasar’s